The reason why the United Kingdom is one of the top study locations for both domestic students and international students is its excellent education, jobs, research possibilities, and healthcare system. Because the country provides a good quality of living as well as world-class facilities, international students are increasingly planning to obtain a UK PR after finishing their studies.
“Can Indian students get PR in UK?” you may be wondering. So why not? If getting PR in the UK is pressing down your thoughts, continue reading to learn about the eligibility criteria for UK PR, the application procedure, requirements, cost, how can an Indian student get PR in UK, and more, before embarking on your journey to settle in the UK.
What Is PR in UK for Indian Students
UK PR for Indian students or permanent residency in the UK applies to indefinite leave to remain in the country (ILR). This is known as a settlement, and it grants you the right to live, work, and study in the UK for as long as you want, as well as apply for benefits for which you are considered qualified.
PR in UK for Indian students after studying can be petitioned. The following conditions must be met before applying for UK PR for Indian students or internationals.
- You are employed in the United Kingdom.
- You have a family in the United Kingdom.
- You have Commonwealth citizenship.
- You are returning to the UK after previously having indefinite leave to stay.
- You have served in the military.
- You are under humanitarian protection, on discretionary leave, or a refugee
The cause for applying for PR as an international student will be your work in the UK. To get a PR in London for Indian students, you must have lived and worked in London or other UK cities, for at least 5 years.
How can an Indian student get PR in UK is determined by the type of visa they possess. If you want to work in the United Kingdom after finishing your education, you can apply for a tier 2, T2, Skilled Worker, or International Sportsperson visa. Therefore, apply your PR in that manner. You now are aware of when and how to apply for UK PR for Indian students. Let us now look into eligibility.
Eligibility Criteria For PR in UK for Indian Students
To be eligible for UK PR for Indian students, after completing your master’s degree, you must first have a valid visa and satisfy the financial requirements for your visa type.
The following criteria must be met in order for international students to be eligible for PR in the UK. So, let’s take a look at the UK PR procedure!
- For five years, live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Must work for one of the Home Office’s approved companies.
- You must be needed for your job and continue to fulfill the salary requirements even after being granted indefinite leave. Your company must provide documentation to prove this.
- Your job must satisfy the salary requirements, and you must be paid more than the following:
- £25,600 annually
- £20,480 per annum (when you are paid less)
- £10.10 hourly
- The ‘going rate’ for the task you’re doing.
- If you fall in the bracket of ages between 18 years and 64 years, then you must complete the “Life in the UK Test”
- Complete an English qualification at the B1 level of the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR) or a degree taught in English to meet the English language criteria.
Document Requirements For PR in UK for Indian Students
If you are studying and applying for PR in UK for Indian students, you can use Remigos’ money transfer service to get the necessary funds to pay for application charges. We provide quick, safe, and affordable money transfer services from India to the UK.
Following are the documents you may have to present for procuring a PR in London for Indian students, or even for PR in any other UK city.
- A valid passport or other papers proving your name and nationality.
- Your work title and annual salary.
- The occupation code for your work.
- Your employer’s name and sponsor license number, which appear on your sponsorship document.
- Your donation certificate’s reference number (given by the employer).
- Evidence of your English Proficiency.
Now the question that may arise now is how can an Indian student get PR in UK. Continue reading the following sections to learn more about the procedure.
How To Get PR in UK for Indian Students
Now that we’ve covered the eligibility criteria for UK PR after study, let’s look at the UK PR procedure of how can Indian students get PR in UK. The application procedure for PR in London for Indian students or other UK cities is straightforward and can be completed by following the steps outlined below:
- Examine all of the prerequisites for PR in the UK after studying.
- Choose the appropriate application type and finish the application online.
- You must begin filling out your application for permanent residency in the UK no later than 28 days before the end of your qualifying term.
- Within this application, you will discover an application for a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), which must also be completed.
- If you are a work permit bearer, dependent of a work permit holder, businessperson, innovator, investor, Tier 1 migrant, Tier 2 migrant, self-employed lawyer, writer, composer or artist, UK ancestry, etc., you will use the SET (O) application.
- If you want to remain in the UK as a partner or parent of a child who is already here, you must fill out form SET (M).
- In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements, submit the above-mentioned documents, as well as the ones listed below, to apply for PR in the UK using form SET (O).
- Recent pay stubs demonstrating that you are paid at or above the suitable rate for settling in the UK.
- Details of your personal bank account or building society statement, including your identity, account number, statement date, financial institution name, and transactions by the sponsor.
- Recent passport-size photographs, each with your complete name written on the reverse.
- Then, carefully fill out the form’s personal history part.
- After reading the declaration document, sign it.
- If you use the standard services, you will obtain your application decision within 3-8 weeks.
Costs Of PR in UK for Indian Students
Now that you know how can Indian students get PR in UK, let’s find out the costs involved for the same. So, what is the expense of applying for UK PR for Indian students? If you apply through the standard procedure for a skilled worker visa, you must pay the following fees:
- The standard application fee ranges from £625 to £1,423, based on your circumstances.
- The healthcare surcharge is typically £624 per year.
- When you arrive in the UK, you’ll typically need at least £1,270 to support yourself (unless you’re exempt).
If you want a faster judgment on your application, you can use one of the following services:
- Priority service: You will receive a judgment within 5 working days here. This procedure will cost you an additional £500. The application cost will be £2,889 in total.
- Super priority service: You will pay an additional £800 for this service and will obtain a decision the next day after providing your biometric information. This program will have a total application fee of £3,189.
You can use Remigos bank account service while applying for PR in UK for Indian students. With no monthly fees, free international wire transfers, mobile banking, and a slew of other perks, it’s just what you need to manage money matters in the UK.
FAQs About PR in UK for Indian Students
Is it easy to acquire UK PR after finishing your studies?
An international student cannot acquire permanent residency in the United Kingdom after completing a master’s degree. The first step is to file for a work permit and spend at least five years in the UK. Basically, if you satisfy all of the criteria, obtaining a UK PR for Indian students is a relatively simple process.
What requirements must I meet in order to file for PR in PR in London for Indian students?
To apply for a PR in UK for Indian students after studying, you will have to satisfy the English language requirements, and financial requirements, and also pass the “Life in the UK Test”.
Are there any possible shortcuts for obtaining UK PR for Indian students?
Students should be aware that there is no quick way to obtain PR in the UK after completing their master’s degree or studies. They must go through the full process of obtaining a PR.
So you know how to get PR in UK for Indian students after studying. Permanent residence in the United Kingdom is possible for Indian and other international students who satisfy all of the above requirements. One piece of advice from us is that you must be responsible while in the UK and meet the criteria of your PR. The United Kingdom has much to offer you, and with a PR, you will have the time and opportunity to study and explore employment possibilities in the United Kingdom.
Nothing can prevent you from getting a PR in UK for Indian students if you enroll in a UK university or course, have outstanding grades or a degree, and are talented in your job.